CAT Admit Card 2020 Released: Use as Covid-19 Pass on Nov 29; Download – CAT Hall Ticket @ iimcat.ac.in
CAT 2020 Admit card can be used as Covid-19 pass in case of curfew or lockdown while reaching your exam center. According to IIM Indore, “The CAT Convenor has also approached the Chief Secretaries and DGPs of various states and UTs to request their full support in the smooth conduct of the CAT exam and to allow and facilitate the candidates to travel with their Admit cards as curfew pass in case of lockdowns or curfews. The local authorities have also been requested to provide necessary administrative facilitation and security for the conduct of the CAT Examination on 29 November 2020.”
CAT 2020 Admit Card was released at 5.15 PM on October 28, 2020 on CAT official website iimcat.ac.in with many changes and instructions for the exam day due to Covid-19 pandemic. On Nov 29, 2020, the CAT exam day, candidates will not find any display outside the Test Centre to map their CAT Registration number and testing Lab number.
If you have not yet downloaded your CAT Admit card, below is shared the step by step process how to download CAT Admit Card 2020. After completing CAT Admit Card download process, you also need to check for errors to ensure that your CAT Hall ticket is error free.
10 Important Changes with Covid-19 Instructions in CAT Admit Card
Apart from the regular instructions like carrying the Admit card with the photo affixed on it and one of the valid photo IDs, the CAT 2020 Admit card contains following changes along with additional instructions in the wake of Covid-19 pandemic. You should take note of these instructions to get ready for the CAT 2020 exam day:
- No Display of Seating Arrangement at CAT Exam Centre: Mapping of ‘Candidate Application Number and the Lab Number’ will NOT be displayed outside the test venue, but the same will be provided to the candidates individually at the time of the entry of the candidate to the test venue and post their Admit Card and Photo Identiﬁcation Proof veriﬁcation
- Articles to Bring: Candidate must bring their own Mask, Gloves, personal hand sanitizer (50ml), transparent water Bottle, 2 simple pens and the test related documents (Admit Card, ID Card etc.). No other items will be permitted inside the test centre
- No Shoes with Thick Soles: Shoes/Footwear with thick soles are not permitted at the exam centre
- No Garments with Large Buttons: Garments with large buttons are Not permitted inside the testing hall
- Report One & Half Hour Before: You need to report at the CAT exam centre 90 minutes before the Exam start time. For example if your CAT exam starts at 8.30 AM, you should report at the test centre by 7 AM
- Keep Social Distancing: Candidates must maintain social distance starting from point of entry in the test venue till his/her exit from the test venue.
- Checking of Temperature: The temperature of candidates will be checked at the entry to the test venue via a Thermo Gun.
- Isolation Room for Symptomatic Candidates: Candidates having symptoms of fever, cough, and cold would be made to sit in a separate isolation room/place with adequate safety measures.
- Sanitization is Necessary: At the registration desk, the candidate will be directed to sanitize his / her hands using the sanitizer
- Sign the Covid-19 Declaration: Candidate must sign the declaration (provided below) appropriately and show the same to the centre staﬀ at the entry into the test centre.
How to Download CAT Hall Ticket?
You can view and download CAT exam admit card from official CAT website in 5 simple steps. While two steps are suffice to download your CAT admit card 2020, the three steps are related to the use of your CAT login ID, checking details and taking print of the admit card.
Please note that no hardcopy of the Hall ticket will be sent to you, so you should carefully understand the steps how to download CAT hall ticket. You need to use your CAT login ID to download your CAT 2020 Hall Ticket from official CAT website. Last date for Admit card Download is CAT 2020 exam date.
CAT Admit Card Download 2020: Single Click Process
You can download your CAT Admit card 2020 with a single click on CAT website displaying download admit card. Now you do not need to take several steps and choosing action on Assessment window with drop down menu. Instead you need to use your CAT login ID and password only once.
Simplified Process to Download the Admit card
Simplification Introduced in Hall Ticket Download Process
Login directly at ‘Admit Card’
After Clicking at Admit card icon
Window opens with details of your CAT Exam centre, Time Slot & Admit Card Pdf
Simply click on Admit card Pdf and the Admit card Download is done
Instructions by IIMs: How to Download Hall Ticket?
- Download your admit card from CAT website, take printouts, affix photograph (same as the one uploaded in CAT application forms)
- Read carefully all the instructions printed on the CAT 2020 Admit Card and adhere to them
- Bring hard copy of Admit Card to CAT test centre along with identity proof in original
- CAT 2020 is a 2-hour examination comprising three sections: VARC, DILR and Quant
- 40 Minutes for each section will be given to solve the questions
- Admit Card 2020 is issued to the candidates with a test centre allocated in their first preference city to more than 90 percent of CAT applicants
- PwD candidates with scribe should complete all formalities as explained in the CAT website and CAT Hall Ticket.
5 Errors to Check after CAT 2020 Admit Card Download
You need to check for the following errors in CAT Admit card to ensure your candidature:
- Error in Your Name: Spelling and style of Name should be the same as entered by you in the CAT 2020 application form
- Check for Mistake in CAT registration number: Your CAT Hall ticket must have same registration number as was given to you after completion of CAT registration and submission of application. Any deviation may cancel your candidature and you may not find a seat at the test centre in your name
- Check for Test date & Venue: CAT 2020 exam date should be clearly mentioned as November 29, 2020 in your Hall Ticket with complete address of Test Centre
- Check for Test Slot & Reporting Time: CAT 2020 exam is conducted in three slots – Morning, afternoon and evening. You should check your CAT Slot Time and the reporting time at the test venue in the admit card.
- Check for Test System Number/Reference number: You will be assigned your seat with the help of this number. It is very important as you are authorized to use only the particular test system. This system will display all your details.
You need to download the CAT hall ticket by login at CAT exam website with your CAT 2020 ID and password. CAT 2020 exam is scheduled on Sunday, November 29, 2020 and the CAT admit card download is available till CAT exam day. Read below in detail how to download CAT admit card, important details to check and how to proceed in case of errors in your CAT admit card.
CAT 2020 Admit Card Download: Important Dates
CAT Admit Card 2020 Download Dates
CAT Admit Card Download start Date
October 28, 2020
Last date to download CAT Admit Card 2020
November 29, 2020
Slot-1: 8.30 AM
Slot-2: 12.30 PM
Slot-3: 4.30 PM
Download CAT Hall Ticket Early
Common Admission Test (CAT) 2020 will be held on Sunday November 29, 2020 in morning, afternoon and evening sessions for admission to the MBA/PGP programmes in all the 20 IIMs and other top MBA colleges in India. After close of CAT registration window, the next most important thing is to download the CAT exam Admit card from CAT website much before the CAT exam date to avoid any technical glitches.
IIM Indore had Confirmed CAT Admit Card Release Date & Download Process
Sharing the key dates and process to get the CAT Admit Card 2020, CAT Center 2020 at IIM Indore has confirmed, “The Admit Card will be available for view and print from Wednesday, October 28, 2020, 5:00 p.m. onwards. The Admit Card will appear only if your online application form is submitted successfully. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission. You can then log into the CAT website using your registered User ID and view/print the Admit Card.” It means that you can get your CAT Admit card 2020 provided your application for CAT is submitted successfully and you had received a message from CAT centre 2020 after making payment of CAT registration and application fee.
CAT Admit Card and CAT Hall Ticket: No Difference
Please note that CAT Admit card and CAT Hall Ticket 2020 is one and the same thing, so don’t get confused between CAT Hall Ticket 2020 and the CAT exam Admit card 2020. You must learn the steps before hand, how to download CAT hall ticket, so that immediately after the CAT Admit card release on October 28, you can download your admit card from the CAT website by login with your CAT ID and password.
In an exclusive interview with MBAUniverse.com, CAT 2020 Convener Prof Harshal Lowalekar shared that CAT exam would be conducted as per schedule in a safe environment on November 29, 2020 and this year, the exam will be conducted in three slots on same day instead of two slots, with each slot having 2 hours duration instead of 3 hours duration. The exam will be as per previous year pattern divided into three sections. Besides there is no change in the CAT 2020 testing mode.
CAT 2020 Admit Card is the passport to your CAT Exam as without carrying it, you will not be allowed to enter the CAT exam centre on CAT exam day. Therefore, your CAT 2020 Admit card download process is the most important activity on its day of release.
CAT 2020 Exam Day Instructions on Admit Card
- CAT Exam 2020 will be conducted in three shifts: a)Morning – 8:30AM–10:30 AM; b)Afternoon – 12:30 PM – 2:30 PM; c) Evening – 4.30PM – 6.30PM
- Candidates should locate their CAT 2020 test centres in advance and start early in order to reach their test centres on time
- Go through the test day video uploaded in the CAT website to familiarize with the security and other exam day procedures
- Report at CAT exam centre at 7:30 AM for the Morning shift; 11 AM for afternoon shift and at 3:00 PM for the Evening shift
CAT Admit Card: Most Important Document on Exam Day
You must carry the hard copy of your admit card with photo affixed on it, to CAT exam center otherwise you will not be allowed to enter the test center. Admit Card is a mandatory document for taking the CAT 2020 examination. You must print the Admit Card and bring it to the examination centre on the day of the examination. You must follow the instructions provided in the Admit Card before coming for the examination. The photograph affixed on the hard copy of the Admit Card must be the same as the one uploaded at the time of registration.
3 Most Important Things you need before you Download CAT Admit Card 2020?
To avoid the technical glitches caused by the rush of more than 2.27 lakh candidates who will download their admit card simultaneously, you should download your Admit card at the earliest from CAT website. But before you download CAT 2020 hall ticket, make sure you have following 3 most important things:
- The Computer/Laptop equipped with internet browsers – Internet Explorer (version 11 and above) or Mozilla Firefox (version 50 to 61) or Google Chrome (version 50 to 69)
- Your CAT 2020 Login ID & Password
- Printer to Print your admit Card or Pen drive to save the downloaded admit card and to take print later
4 Things you Must Not Carry on CAT Exam Day
Instructions on admit card make it clear not to carry any of the following 4 articles to the CAT exam centre:
- Don’t wear Jewellery inside the CAT testing room
- Shoes are Not allowed inside the testing room
- No Stationery like Pen, Pencil, sharpener, watch, Mobile phones is allowed in CAT testing room
- No other document except Admit card and photo ID allowed
When to Download CAT Admit card 2020?
After its release by IIMs, thousands of the candidates login to CAT website to download their Admit card which makes the server go very slow or it does not respond. So, either download your Admit Card immediately when it is released or after a few hours. Those who download CAT Admit card 2020 early will have the opportunity to get the Admit Card errors rectified timely from CAT exam centre by contacting the CAT help desk.