Lakhs of aspirants prepare every year to tame the CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, NMAT by GMAC among other exams to get admission in highly ranked MBA institutes. With Indian economy picking up and Modi government launching many schemes like Make in India and Start Up India, there was never a better time to opt for MBA.
MBA Alumni join super CEOs club
There is a long list of many super successful CEO’s and MD’s. A few of them are listed below which prove the reason for MBA being termed as the prized degree. If you wish to join this elite club, MBA is your way out.
|IIM Ahmedabad||Dr Raghuram Rajan||RBI Governor & Global Authority on Financial Markets|
|IIM Ahmedabad||Ajay Banga||President & CEO Master Card worldwide|
|IIM Ahmedabad||Deep Kalra||CEO MakeMyTrip.com|
|IIM Ahmedabad||Chetan Bhagat||Best selling author|
|IIM Calcutta||Indra Nooyi||Chairman & CEO of PepsiCo Worldwide|
|XLRI Jamshedpur||Rakesh Kapoor||CEO Reckitt Benckiser|
|FMS Delhi||Harit Nagpal||MD & CEO Tata Sky|
|MDI Gurgaon||Sanjay Verma||CEO Asia Pacific Cushman & Wakefield|
|IMT Ghaziabad||Prasoon Joshi||Adman & National Award Winning Lyricist & Author|
|NMIMS Mumbai||Avani Davda||Former CEO Tata Starbucks|
|JBIMS Mumbai||Chanda Kocchar||CEO ICICI Bank|
Illustrious Almni of B-schools
It is not only IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta or IIM Lucknow whose alumni are famous across the world. Other highly ranked university affiliated or private B-schools are also proud of their alumni. The following past and present alumni from few of the top B-schools reveal the carrier opportunity their MBA programme offered to them.
The designations of the famous alumni shared below might have changed in a few cases.
IIM Ahmedabad: Notable past and present alumni
- Late C K Prahalad, PGP 1966: Management Thought Leader
- John C. Camillus, PGP 1968: Donald R. Beall Professor of Strategic Management-Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Marti G. Subrahmanyam, PGP 1969: Charles E. Merrill Professor of Finance, Economics and International Business-Stern School of Business, New York University
- Beheruz Nariman Sethna, PGP 1973: President & Professor of Business, University of West Georgia
- Srikant M. Datar, PGP 1978: Professor-Arthur Lowes Dickinson Chair at HBS
- Pradeep Chintagunta, PGP 1986: Professor-Stanford University, USA
- Raghuram Rajan, PGP 1987: Eric J. Gleacher Distinguished Service Professor of Finance-University of Chicago’s Graduate School of Business. Presently Governor – Reserve Bank of India
- Kiran Karnik, PGP 1968: Innovative and Strategic Thinker
- Mallika V Sarabhhai, PGP 1974: Director-Darpana Academy, Ahmedabad
- Vijay Mahajan, PGP 1980: Founder & Chairman, BASIX Group
- Ashok Alexander, PGP 1978: India Country Director, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- M.P. Vasimalai, PGP 1993: Executive Director-DHAN Foundation, Madurai
- Sanjeev Bikhchandani, PGP 1989: Founder and Vice Chairman, naukri.com
- Deep Kalra, PGP 1992: CEO-MakeMyTrip.com, India’s leading online travel company
- Roopa Kudva, PGP 1986: Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer-CRISIL. Currently, MD- Omidyar Network India Advisors and Omidyar Network partner
- Rahul Agarwal, PGP 1996: MD & CEO of Lenovo India
- Sudhir Sitapati, PGP 1999: Executive Director and CCVP, Refreshments, South Asia and Africa, Hindustan Unilever Ltd
- Tulsi Naidu, PGP 1996: CEO Zurich Insurance Company, UK.
- Sucharita Mukherjee, PGP 2001: Founder and CEO, IFMR Trust
- Yashish Dahiya, PGP 1996: Co– founder & CEO, PolicyBazaar
- Kartikeya Misra, PGP 2004: Collector and District Magistrate, East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh
- Rohan Chand Thakur, PGP 2006: Deputy Commissioner, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
- Aswath Damodaran (PGP 1979): Kerschner Family Chairperson in Finance Education & Professor of Finance, Stern School of Business, New York University
- Gopal Krishna Nayak (PGP 1988): Director IIIT Bhubanswar
- Raghavendra Rau: Sir Evelyn de Rothschild Professor of Finance, Judge Business School, University of Cambridge
- Nila Madhab Panda: Film maker and director
- Damodar Mall (PGP 1986): CEO, Reliance Retail
- Deepak Ohri: CEO, Lebua Hotels & Resorts
- Malavika Harita (PGP 1982): CEO, Saatchi & Saatchi Focus
- Sameer Suneja (PGP 1994): Global CEO, Perfetti Van Melle
- Shashi Sinha (PGP 1981): CEO, IPG India
- K. Radhakrishnan (PGP 1976): Former Chairman of ISRO
- Hasmukh Adhia (PGPPM 2002): Secretary, Ministry of Finance, Government of India
- Ravi Neelakantan (PGP 1982): IFS Officer and Diplomat
- Sunil Alagh: Former MD and CEO of Britannia Industries
- Ajit Balakrishnan: Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Rediff.com
- Ashish Chauhan: MD and CEO, Bombay Stock Exchange
- Pranay Chulet: Co-founder and CEO of Quikr
- Sunil Duggal: Chief Executive Officer of Dabur
- Sabyasachi Hajara: Chairman and Managing Director, Shipping Corporation of India
- Deepak Mohoni: Stock market analyst, coined the term Sensex
- T. V. Narendran: MD of Tata Steel
- Indra Nooyi: Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, PepsiCo
- Sudhakar Ram: Founder and CEO of Mastek
- Nishi Vasudeva: Chairperson and Managing Director at Hindustan Petroleum; first woman ever to head a Navratna PSU
- Gopal Vittal: CEO of Bharti Airtel (India)
- Shanmughan Manjunath: IOC Manager, who was murdered for opposing Corruption
- Deepak Garg: CEO of Rivigo
- Gayatri Iyer: Playback singer
- Gaurav Agarwal: UPSC Civil Services Exam 2013 AIR 1
- Ajay Shukla: MD-Asia Pacific Region, Tata McGraw Hill Education Pvt. Ltd.
- Alok Bhardwaj: Sr. Vice President-Sales & Marketing, Canon India Pvt. Ltd.
- Arun Rishi: Vice President-Middle East & Africa, Kempinski Hotels
- Bal Krishan Batra: Executive Director, IDBI Bank Ltd.
- Brij Uberoi: Executive Vice President-HR, Rallis India Ltd.
- Dalip Singh: Joint Secretary, Ministry of Steel
- Geetu Gidwani Verma: Executive Director-Foods, Hindustan Lever
- Girish Sharma: Chief Commissioner of Income Tax, Income Tax Department
- Harit Nagpal: Managing Director, Tata Sky Ltd.
- K.L. Dhingra: Chairman & Managing Director, ITI Ltd.
- Laluntluangi Tochhawng: Chief Controller of Accounts, Central Board of Direct Taxes
- Pankaj Agarwal: Director-Sales, Reckitt-Benckiser (India) Ltd.
- R.M. Malla: Chairman-Cum-Managing Director, IDBI Bank Ltd.
- R. Mukundan: Managing Director, Tata Chemicals Ltd.
- R.S. Butola: Chairman-Cum-Managing Director, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
- Tejendra Mohan Bhasin: Chairman & Managing Director, Indian Bank
- Vinod Kumar Nagar: Executive Director, Syndicate Bank
- Yogi Sriram: Executive Vice President, Larsen & Toubro Limited
- R.S.Sodhi: Managing Director, GCMMF (AMUL)
- Sivakumar Surampudi: Divisional Chief Executive, ITC Agri Business Division,Vice Chairman of ITC Infotech India Limited (Man behind e-choupal)
- Sanjay Panigrahi: President, Pidilite Industries Limited
- Ajay Desai: Senior President, YES Bank
- Sanjay Gangopadhyay: Marketing Director South East Asia at Nike
- Aruna Jayanthi: CEO, CapGemini India
- Arijit Sarkar: Director – Global Campaigns, Google
- Avani Davda: Ex-CEO, Tata Starbucks India
- Vikas Bahl: Film Director (famous for the movie Queen)
- Ravi Makhija: Regional Sr. Director – APAC & Japan, Oracle
When we aspire to make India usher in the era of double digit growth, move on the path of Make in India, it may not come from a few developed urban pockets. It is the task of the MBAs to develop the less developed areas and bring uniformity in the development, as MBAs have the right skills.
IIM Ahmedabad alumnus Santosh Desai, CEO, Future Brands, says, “The wonderful thing about the MBA is that one will not just be the manager, but also a creator. I think the most important future challenge would be how you are going to transcend the act of managers. In management institute, you are given the freedom to think and to face the challenges. It will be new because all the things are in you but nothing compels you to think independently as does the good MBA course.”